The sale of homes increased by 10.3% in the third quarter of the year

The sale of homes increased by 10.3% in the third quarter of the year

Navarra, Murcia, La Rioja, Andalucia and Castilla-La Mancha are the communities where it grew the most

Increase in the sale of housing.
The sale of housing grew by 10.3% between the months of July and September after reaching a total of 131,455 transactions, which is the third best quarter since 2007, when 186,504 units were sold, according to statistics on real estate transactions of the Ministry of Development.

In the third quarter, housing transactions grew in all the autonomous communities between the last months of July and September, except in the Baleares and Canary Islands, where they registered decreases of 10.8% and 5.2%, respectively.

Navarra, Murcia, La Rioja, Andalucia and Castilla-La Mancha are the regions where the purchase and sale of flats increased the most, with increases of 32.6%, 27.4%, 27.3% and of 20.5% in the last two regions.

By municipalities, in the third quarter there were a greater number of purchases in Madrid (9,160), Barcelona (3,612), Valencia (2,498), Sevilla (2,253), Málaga (1,713), Zaragoza (1,696), Alicante (1,617) and Palma de Mallorca (1,187).

In addition, as regards the protection regime, free housing transactions totaled 126,477 in this period, which represents 96.2% of the total. On the other hand, the transactions of protected housing came to represent 3.8% of the total, after adding 4,978 units.

In the third quarter of the year, the sale of second-hand flats accounted for 90.2% of the market, given that it added 118,595 units, while that of new flats accounted for the remaining 9.8%, with 12,860 units.

The sales of foreigners represent 16%

Taking into account the nationality of the buyer, the statistics of the Ministry indicate that the transactions made by foreigners resident in Spain have experienced a year-on-year growth for the twenty-ninth consecutive quarter.

Specifically, in the third quarter they grew by 3.4% compared to the same period of 2017, with a total of 20,401 purchases and sales.

As a whole, purchases made by foreigners amounted to 21,015 units between July and September, 16% of the total. In addition, by provinces, the largest number of purchases made by foreign residents were in Alicante (4,608), Malaga (2,0402), Barcelona (1,605) and Madrid (1,566).

In the last twelve months real estate transactions of homes made before a notary amounted to a total of 572,849, which represents an increase of 11.4% compared to the previous twelve months.

In the accumulated of the last twelve months (October 2017-September 2018 vs. October 2016-September 2017), all the autonomous communities, except the Balearic Islands, with a fall of 2.2%, have registered a positive behavior.